1. What is your pricing?A la Carte per hour coverage begins at $300. Complete wedding day packages start at $2700. My pricing is flexible. Do you only need coverage for the ceremony? Perhaps just some portraits? We can start with 1 hour of coverage and work our way up to a full day of coverage. Full day coverage is the most popular option because the entire event will be covered and the day remembered. Please schedule a meeting with me so that we can go over the full pricelist information with you :)
2. How do we get started?After I've confirmed that I am available on your date, I normally try to schedule a meeting so we can get to know each other and talk about your wedding. If you are an out-of-state client, we can schedule a phone or Skype consultation.
3. How can we reserve our date?My studio requires 1. a signed contract and 2. a retainer to reserve a date. Keep in mind that I photograph and reserve only one wedding per day.
4. What are your hours of operation?Generally open from 11am to 7pm Monday through Friday, but please call or email first to schedule an appointment.
5. When is the final balance due?The final balance deadline is two weeks before the wedding date.
6. Where is your studio located?My studio is located in downtown South Bend, Indiana, near the corner of Michigan Street and Wayne Street. Here's an interactive google map to our location. There is one hour parking along the sidestreets as well as two hour parking on Michigan street, which is right around the corner from the studio. There is also a parking garage right next door to the studio.
7. Do you provide DVDs of high resolution files?Yes. The DVD includes high resolution digital files, medium resolution digital files, and a Limited Copyright Release. If you can, please make a backup of the files when you receive them. Of course I keep backups on my studio hard drives as well just in case something happens. The files on the DVD(s) come without watermarks, symbols, or copyright text and ready for printing or use for any personal project.
8. What is a Limited Copyright Release?A Limited Copyright Release grants the client permission to make prints, enlargements, and use the photos in personal projects like calendars, digital frames, desktop wallpapers, etc. The client cannot, however, sell or claim the files as his or her original work.
9. How many pictures do you take?On average I deliver 1100-1500 photos to the client but I take many more on the day itself.
10. Do you offer individual digital downloads of the pictures?Yes. Your guests can now order digital copies and use them to make their own prints and enlargements. The digital downloads are sent via email.
11. Will Josef Samuel be the photographer?Yes. I'll be the primary photographer at your wedding :)
12. Have you photographed at the Notre Dame Basilica?Yes. I'm very experienced at the Basilica and on campus. There are several rules at the Basilica and timing/punctuality is very important as there are multiple weddings at the Basilica during the weekends. I definitely understand this. Also, I know all the Basilica coordinators...feel free to ask them about me :)
13. Do you have an assistant?To be as inobtrusive as possible, I normally work without assistants. However, that could change if the client wishes to have a second photographer or a slideshow at the reception.
14. Can I pay by credit card?Yes. Because I've had such a great experience with it, my first choice is Chase Quickpay. Secondly, all major credit cards are accepted through my Paypal account. You can shop with confidence at my online store and online gallery.
15. What's your policy on traveling within the continental US?If the destination is within an 4 hour drive from South Bend, then a standard mileage travel fee would apply. This is set by the IRS and varies year by year but can range from 50-80 cents/mile. If the destination is further than that, then airfare and hotel costs would apply.
16. My wedding will take place outside the United States. Do you travel?Yes. I'm quite experienced in this area too, and I know how to get the cheapest tickets. I'll be happy to provide you with an all inclusive quote.
17. Do you speak another language?
Yes. Having lived in South America for 18 years, I'm also fluent in Spanish. And now more recently, I'm learning Russian, slowly but surely! :)
18. Do you only shoot weddings?
My primary and full time focus is weddings and events, but will occasionally take commissions for special projects.
NOTE: The contract will have the final and most up-to-date details of the Terms and Conditions. Although we do our best to keep this F.A.Q. up to date, you should always check the terms of the contract.